27 May 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, we started our memorial day weekend with a quick trip to South Carolina for Big Daddy's birthday (that's David's grandfather). We're on our way home now, and all I can think about is how I haven't seen my puppy in almost 10 hours! How sad! I feel like a new mom who left her child for the first time. We left him in his kennel at home and had a friend stop by this evening to feed him, let him out, and play with him for a while. I miss him though! I can't wait to get home to my warm bed and go to sleep with my puppy (and hubby, of course).
Tomorrow we leave him again to head to Greensboro. We're off to Caldwell's graduation to celebrate with Tyler Perkins (Congrats, Tyler!!) and then to Reidsville to hang out with my parents for the day. The plan is to not break down and take the puppy with us, but to leave him kenneled again. He'll have someone take him out two or three times tomorrow. At the rate I'm going though, I won't be able to spend another day away from him.
The main(well, only) reason we don't take him with is everywhere we go is because the poor little guy gets carsick. We've been told he'll grow out of it, and for big trips we normally give him Benadryl, but it's just not worth driving him all over creation this weekend and cleaning up all that vomit. Hopefully he'll grow out of it sooner rather than later so we can start taking him on day trips!
We don't have any big beach or lake or cookout plans, but I'm sure the rest of you do, so have a blast! Happy memorial day!

No comments:

Post a Comment